Salt and MSG
- Limit Salt intake to less than 5 grams or one teaspoon of salt a day
- Sodium in salt and MSG can increase the risk of developing hypertension
- Reduce the use of salt and MSG when cooking, use herbs or spices instead to increase the flavour of your cooking
- Have your blood pressure monitored and examined regularly, that is every 3-6 months to know the status of your blood pressure.
- Read food labels! Stop, look and choose food lower in salt content
- Food labeled as containing lower than 0.3 g of sodium in every 100 g is considered low salt
- Beware of hidden salt. 75% of the salt we consume is hidden in the food we eat.
- Its not wrong to go out for a meal! But ask for less salt when ordering from the waiter
Click the google-link here
to view and download our posters and table-tent contest on our Salt Reduction Campaign.
--> Back to Downloads Page <--